Wednesday, 9 November 2011

U.S. M2A1 Half Track Part 2

I've now added the rear bogie wheels, and started on the cab.





Thursday, 3 November 2011

U.S. M2A1 Half Track

I just recently received 2 new models from another member of the Britmodeller Forums.

The first one I'll be working on is the Dragon U.S. M2A1 Half Track. This is a lovely model, really well detailed, with PE brass detail parts. The kit gives you a choice of 2 versions; the M2 and the M2A1. I chose to build the A1 version, and will be painting it as a U.S. XX Corps vehicle as it appeared in Belgium in 1945.

So far I've built the engine, chassis and drive train, next I'll be working on the rear bogie wheels.







Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Hubble PaperCraft

Here's a re-cap of my PaperCraft Hubble Space Telescope model...



Thursday, 9 June 2011

Tamiya M1A1 Abrams with Mine Plow

I'm re-posting my Abrams pictures in a smaller size so that I can post them in a model making forum I recently joined.



Sunday, 5 June 2011

Pure Nostalgia!

I recently found a great web site at Matchbox Kits

I cut my model making 'teeth' on these classic old kits. I used to have a collection of well over 100 of them, now I only have 1 left, my Handley Page Heyford.

Aah, those were the days! Multi coloured sprues, so you didn't need to paint them, all sorts of different genres, from Aircraft to boats and cars to motorbikes, and military vehicles and figures as well!

If you remember the old Matchbox model kits, this site is well worth a visit!

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Dragon Wagon close ups.

Here are a couple of close ups of the cab of my Dragon Wagon. I used the 'macro' setting on my digital camera to take these shots, but still couldn't quite get close in enough to take detailed shots of the cab interior.


It's a shame, because the cab interior was the place where I made the most changes and added the most detail. I was particularly pleased with the job I did of correcting the top of the engine housing. I also used a cocktail stick (dipped in white acrylic) to pick out the details of the instruments on the dashboard.

A bit more progress on my 1st 'refurb' project.




As you can see, I've filled in the gaps at either side of the lower hull and put in the 1st of the sponson plates.

I now need to do a bit of research into the Panther Ausf A.

At the rear of the upper hull, the sides drop in a 'dog leg' shape. I need to find out if the lower hull sponson plates followed the contour of this 'dog leg', or if the 'dog leg' oferhung the sponson plate.

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

1st set of 'Refurb' pictures

Here is the 1st set of pictures of one of my refurbishment projects; my old Tamiya Panther Ausf A.

The first thing I needed to do was to gently pry the top of the hull away from the bottom half. This gave me access to the lower hull where I need to add the sponson plates. I also re-created the familiar 'track sag' of the German heavy tanks. The method I use is really simple; I use black cotton thread to tie the top section of track to the road wheels!

Here are the pictures;