Saturday, 21 January 2012

U.S. M8 Light Armoured Car 'Greyhound'

I've finished my M8 Greyhound. As usual, I haven't weathered it yet, and I'm not sure if I will yet.

Here's some pictures;












I like this, it's a nice litle model from Tamiya. It was nice and easy to build as usual, with Tamiya's usual clear, easy to follow instructions. It has a nice level of detail out of the box, with just a few grab handles on the turret that need to be added if you wish. It has a basic interior, which, again, can be added to if you wish, although a lot of it won't be visible. The only let down is that it only comes with a single figure (the actual vehicle has a crew of 4). With the interior included, you'd have thought that Tamiya would have provided a full crew to 'man' it. This has been a long term problem with Tamiya kits in my opinion, although, having said that, it does help to keep the prices down.

2 comments:

  1. looks very nice :) the greyhound is one of my favourite allied vehicles, along with the staghound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like all the U.S. 'Hounds' :)

    ReplyDelete